Thursday, March 25, 2010

Friday Fondness: Captain E-O.

I first visited Disneyland at the age of 6.  That was in 1986. 

One of the things I remember is watching Captain E-O in 3D.  It's funny, because I couldn't remember the plot, or the songs, or even most of the characters.



But, I do remember the little flying butterfly creature, and trying in vain to catch it.

And, I always thought of Captain E-O whenever I would go on Star Tours as an adult, but couldn't figure out why.

So, last month, I was thrilled to discover that Captain E-O had been brought back to Disneyland for a limited engagement.

It was so fun to revisit this blast from the past. 
I still can't believe Michael Jackson is gone.  Regardless of your personal feelings about him, I maintain that he was incredibly talented.  In fact, I'm considering devoting an entire month of Friday Fondness to MJ in the summer, at the one year mark of his passing.

I must admit, however, when MJ spoke his first line in the show, I couldn't help but giggle...a lot. 
We all know he had a very feminine sounding voice, and yet it was still a shock to hear it...
in a theater...
loudly.

One scene in Captain E-O is nearly identical to one of the parts in Star Tours. 
Now I finally understand why I've always associated the two.

I recommend this 3D show, if for no other reason than to see MJ sing and dance in his glory days.
And, also to watch him interact with Jim Henson-esque puppets.
I'm just saying.  It's pretty funny.

Both songs (We Are Here to Change the World and Another Part of Me) featured in Captain E-O are available on i-Tunes.  I bought 'Another Part of Me' and I am enjoying it.

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment