Monday, July 5, 2010

Here At Last.

It has been the craziest week and half, what with the packing, the goodbyes, the loading of the moving truck, the rental papers to read and sign, the forwarding of addresses, etc. etc. 
We are here at last.  Our goal was to split the drive out here into 2 days, but we split it into 3.  It worked out, but if I have to be in a car any time soon for more than an hour, I may scream!  My 2 cats were troopers.  They rode in my mom's car because it could accomodate the pet cage, but I was in charge of them in the hotel rooms.  They were so good, considering each night we were in unfamiliar territory.  They stayed with me, roamed around, checked out the room, and slept on the bed.  They hated being put back into their cage each morning and loaded into the car, but they got over it.
Our house is lovely, in a great, quiet neighborhood.  The neighbors are friendly, and we are halfway down the cul-de-sac.  I am continuing to rent from my parents, and I have one end of the house with my bedroom, bathroom, and an office.  We split the groceries and general expenses, so it's a pretty decent set up.  I have more privacy than before, because of the floorplan of the home.  I am aiming to move out as soon as I am settled and find an area closer to Austin.  I'll be beginning to church shop next weekend, plus find a weight watcher meeting.  Next month, the job hunt will start. 
For now, my days are filled with 'to-do' lists.  During the time I'm here, I want it to still feel like home, so I'm sorting through packed boxes, figuring out what I want out, or what stays packed.  Needless to say, I will not unpack every box until I do have my own place and the room for all of it.  Lots of trips to the store to pick up basic odds and ends that you don't tend to pack.  (Well, I didn't anyway).  But, it's been good.
I am excited about visiting churches and getting involved in Bible studies and ministry.  I'm still undecided about what to do for a job, as I am still trying to build the photography thing.  In the meantime, there are bills to be paid! 
Thank you for all the prayers and support.  I will keep you updated, and will eventually add pictures of the house, when it is finally all decorated!! 

xoxoxo
Angela

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it safely! Preschool will not be the same without you. Come Fall You better be cheering for the Dallas Cowboys!!

    ReplyDelete