Monday, January 18, 2010

To Be Where Little Cable Cars Climb Halfway to the Stars...

Strange as it may seem, I must admit, sometimes I think about San Francisco.  There is just something magical about that city.  I fell in love with it the first time I visited it.  It's vibrant, and ecclectic, and real.  It's busy, but I find a level of calm exists in the midst of it all.  The hillsides are visually appealing...the ocean is lovely, the people are friendly (for the most part).

I've made a total of 5 weekend trips there with friends/family in the past 3 years.  There's always something new to explore, or even something to revisit again and again.  Even the public transportation offers a new variety of people and sights.  (Wouldn't you agree?)

It's just one of those cities that gets under your skin, you know? 

A little over a year ago, I had the opportunity to move up there to attend art school.  I didn't, but that story will be saved for another day, another time, another blog.

Right now, on days like today, while my head is spinning with all the 'must do's' and the varying level of stress in my life, I would love to be there.  I want to check into my favorite little hotel, grab my camera, and hit the streets.  I want to have an extended date with the city, and lose myself for awhile behind my camera lens, capturing the beauty, life, and  bustle of a place existing outside of myself.  To brave it alone. 

I really can't explain, and I really shouldn't complain, I suppose.  But, then again, everybody needs some 'away time', don't you think?   

Could I brave it alone...? 

Maybe someday ma ville, someday...



Nous sommes de retour, nous sommes de retour dans San Francisco. Nous sommes de retour, et vous me dites je suis à la maison.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment