Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weight Watcher Wednesday: Continuing My Journey

I decided to add a new weekly segment to my little blog here.  Weight Watcher Wednesday.  That's right, that's what I said. 
I've been in Weight Watchers before, but this time I knew I needed to stick with it.  I feel like I've done fairly well.  I've been regularly attending meetings for a year, doing the after meeting grocery shopping spree to prepare for the upcoming week, the journaling, the measuring, and so forth. 
So, I thought I'd post a small tidbit every week about my journey.  Because it really is a journey.  It's not an event.  It's changing my way of thinking, and feeling, and making choices that are right for my body.  My posts will sometimes be just me, expressing my thoughts, or food items that I find helpful, or the occasional recipe.  I would like to believe that blogging about this experience will serve as another form of accountability.  By going 'public', I know people will form some expectations.  And don't want to let myself, or anyone else down.

This weeks tidbit?  The truth.  Allow me to be honest with you.  I like food.  Period.  I cannot shift the blame anywhere else but on myself for my weight.  My weakness is chocolate.  I make the wrong food choices. 

I'm human, though.  This journey is not a skip through a field of flowers, while birds sing, and butterflies flicker by.  Let's put it this way:  it has it's skip worthy moments, with puddles of mud in the way, angry bees instead of butterflies, hills to climb, and sometimes I step in a pile of bird poop.  I have weeks of success, and even weeks of lows.  I have days when I'm full throttle, charging ahead with the program, and I have days when I just don't care and feel like I have to start over. 

But it's still worth it.  At least, to me.

In one year I lost 30 pounds.  I will post a photo for every 20 pounds I lose.  Sound good?  However, I can't find one (right now) prior to the 30 pound loss, so this will have to suffice.  Taken during August in San Francisco.  When this was taken, I'd lost roughly 22-25 pounds.  I work hard at trying to position myself in photos to hide certain areas (as in, below the neck).  For whatever reason, in this one, I didn't make any effort.  Ah, well.


I want these posts to encourage any of you out there who struggle with weight and/or self image.  It's an uphill battle, but it's a learning process.

P.S.  A few disclaimers!
1. I love, love LOVE comm ts!!  However, I do have to approve each comment submitted.  If you post one, it may not appear right away.  I reserve the right not to approve a comment.  I want this to be an enjoyable reading and/or discussion experience for my readers.  If you want to snark and rant, please go elsewhere.
2.  I have chosen Weight Watchers as my weight loss plan.  I am not endorsed by them, nor will I be using any copyrighted WW material in my posts.  My blogging about this experience is solely for the purpose of encouraging others and telling my story.  If you are considering any weight loss plan, please seek the proper advice from your doctor about what is right for you.
3.  I am fully aware of the fact that I am not the only person who has chosen to share her/his weight loss story.  But, mine is mine, and theirs is theirs.
4.  I don't feel comfortable (at this point) posting my actual weight.  I will, eventually.  Promise.

A new year, a fresh start!  Here goes!!  Thanks for reading and for the encouraging words.
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Rock on, I think you are as beautiful as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this part of your life with us. I am encouraged and challenged by your honesty, and promise not to snark and rant!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally found you!!!! I will be "your groupy" thanks for sharing....love chocolate too!!!!! Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete