Monday, January 11, 2010

Update on My Mom!

Hi friends!  As some of you may know, my mom was admitted to the hospital today, for an overnight observation on her heart.

So far, all tests have come back with good results:  blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc.

My mom drove herself to Urgent Care this morning with shortness of breath, and sudden jaw pain.  She felt like it was out of the ordinary, and decided to get it checked out (better safe than sorry).

The doctors felt that it wasn't anything serious, but still wanted to transfer her to the hospital for lots of tests and observation.  Apparently, one of the initial tests they ran in Urgent Care indicated that it might be heart related. 

She has had a series of blood tests (results not in), one stress test, and in the morning she has one more stress test, and then she is most likely going to be released, depending on all of the results.

Thank you so much for your prayers.  I love my mom so so much, and hearing the phrase 'mom...hospital...heart' from my dad literally made me feel like the air was sucked out of my lungs for a split second.

Oh, and she didn't want me to worry at all about her today at work, so I didn't even find out anything until I was leaving school, and voila, there sits my dad in his car, waiting to deliver the news and fill me in briefly, before we headed to the hospital to see her.  Not one call, text, nothing.  On one hand, that was so sweet and thoughtful, on the other, I want to say 'seriously?'

God is good, and she is in great spirits, feeling well, and she hasn't a worry in the world.

Again, thanks for the prayers!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment