Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Weight Watcher Wednesday: Because I'm a Chocoholic.

This week proved to be fairly successful in my weight loss endeavor.  I am, unfortunately, one of the many, who gained some Holiday weight, which needs to be pulled off in addition to what I'm already working on.  It's my own fault.

This week, the challenge I faced was the number of student birthdays in my classes.  Every student gets to bring in a class treat to share for their celebration.  It's so fun, and the kids go all out.  This week was full of homemade cupcakes, cake with thick frosting, ice cream cups, oh my!  I'll be the first to admit it:  on my 'off', 'not caring' days, I would gladly have a treat with the kids, write the day off as a loss, and just begin again the following morning.
This week, in the face of cupcakes, of frosting, of ice creamy goodness, I fully resisted.  Not ONE bite.  That was an accomplishment, hurray me! 

As I've mentioned before, I love chocolate.  It's a real weakness of mine.  (Hence the birthday palooza challenge over these past few days).  While I'm working through the first couple of weeks getting back on track, I'd like to thank the following product for helping me along the give me chocolate or I'll hit you 'craving' path:

Vitalicious Vitatops.  Deep Chocolate flavored. 

A mere 100 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 6 grams of fiber, and 3 grams of protein (1 WW point).
Quite often, finding a lower calorie, reduced sugar snack can be a struggle, thanks to the flavors of various sweeteners used.  But these babies take the cake...err, muffin.





Instead of having a cupcake, and feeling like I'd lose track, I'd grab one of these instead.  And, they aren't little bite sized morsels, they are pretty substansial in portion.

To find a store near you to buy some, or order online, visit http://www.vitalicious.com/ . 

They help my chocolate addiction.  My name is Angela, and I'm a chocoholic.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta get me some of those...are they still available at Costco?
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Angela, I'm going to check these out. My biggest problem is late night sweets- and if I only pop in 100 calories rather than 500, it might help me to my goal weight, too!

    ReplyDelete