Monday, February 8, 2010

Sometimes Goodbye's the Saddest Word...

Dear Summer, over at Le Musings of Moi, wrote a profound post recently about letting people go.

It got me thinking about the reason I allow people to stay in my life who should not be.

This subject is different for everyone.  My thoughts about, or story regarding, the one I have to let go may seem insignificant to some...

...but, to me, letting go has helped me to realize how far I've come.

I struggled with this for awhile.  I've cried my fair share of bitter tears.

I've felt my heart break into a million pieces.

And then I understood that to move forward, I have to stop looking back.

Now, I feel only gratitude for sweet memories and shared moments.

My heart healed. 

The tears stopped.

And I am ready to let go.

Thank you, Summer, for opening your heart, and sharing your journey with us. 

And for helping me see this in my own life.

To that dear person:

"Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
(I do believe I have been changed for the better).
But, because I knew you,
I have been changed...
For good"

And I really have been changed for the better.
For good.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, Angela!!! =)

    This is definitely something I have struggled with, but the older I get, the more necessary it becomes.

    It's funny too, because ever since I wrote that post, I have read it in a book AND my pastor talked about it at church.

    Confirmation? lol

    ReplyDelete