Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Fondness: Don't Try This At Home {Scary}.

Allow me to preface this post by telling you that I do not categorize this subject as 'fondness', nor do I, in any way, agree with participating in these kinds of 'activities'.  Are we clear on that?  Good...now on with the post...

I am a 30 year old adult.

I am still creeped out, however old I may be, by the bathroom mirror in the dark.

Why?  You wonder.

Because of that Urban Legend.

You know which one.

Bloody Mary.

Sheesh.  Scared me then, scares me now.

I don't recall fully participating in this...er, summoning activity?  Something about standing in a dark bathroom, with the faucet running, chanting 'Bloody Mary' or some nonsense.  And, there might be spinning involved?

Regardless, I wasn't going to look it up, but figured that since I found the information via Wikipedia, it would be safe.

Um, not.  Did you read that

What kind of horrific childhood game is this?  Chanting in a dark bathroom until you see some sort of evil reflection in the mirror?  Man alive, I think not.

I do know a few people who have done this, in the days of our carefree youth, and swear that it happened (as in, a ghostly figure appeared, not a violent murder mentioned in the article), and others swear it did not. 

Also, I was unaware that her husband could be summoned by calling his nickname, 'Candyman.'  One of my friends has a story about that...maybe she'd be willling to do a guest spot, telling us about it...hhhhmmmm.

Instead of playing 'Bloody Mary', why not get together with friends and have a Bloody Mary?

I like including pictures in my posts, but this one was too...spooky...to add a related one, so in case you feel a little creeped out, this is for you:



Oh, look!  A pretty flower!  Tra-la-la.

Happy Friday!




3 comments:

  1. If not for the pretty flower at the end (tra la!) to distract me, I would surely be having visits from Bloody Mary and the Candyman in my sleep tonight!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Your childhood is my childhood! It is so fun to read your blog posts because we competely lived through the same generation. How I would have killed for a Squeeze It. And I still cannot stare at the clock at exactly midnight. How weird, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I know you wrote this a while ago, but I just read it...thanks for the reminder of those terrifying ghost stories from childhood. :) I still don't like to look in the rear view mirror while driving at night for fear that someone will turn on their high beams. AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHH!!!!!
    (sigh) fun times.

    ReplyDelete