Thursday, April 8, 2010

Home!

I am home from a wonderful trip to Texas.

I stayed (for the 2nd time) in New Braunfels, which lies between San Antonio and Austin.

I spent a day in San Antonio, visiting the Alamo, Market Square, San Fernando Cathedral, and various areas of the downtown area.


{Top:  San Fernando Cathdral.  Bottom:  Market Square}

I spent a day in Austin, visiting the Capitol, and outlying regions, downtown, and ended the day sitting along the Colorado River, watching the nightly flight of 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats.  Unfortunately, because it got so dark, it was very difficult to take decent photographs, but it was amazing to watch these tiny animals fly from their home under the Congress Bridge and dart into the sky.

{Texas Capitol}

In between the 2 city visits, I enjoyed taking pictures of the wildflowers, which blanketed the ground everywhere. 

Especially the Bluebonnets.


{Texas Bluebonnet}

It was a blast, and I really loved Austin...it felt very 'SF/SD-esque' and I look forward to visiting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment